We are committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of our employees while they are at work and of any others who may be affected by our undertakings. We take every reasonable measure to ensure safe working practices within the company and to comply with all relevant legislation.
To ensure the principles of health and safety are clearly understood throughout Hillcrest Cleaning Contractors Limited, we will be committed to:
- ensuring that there are arrangements put into place for the effective planning, development and review of this health and safety policy;
- ensuring that appropriate systems are developed and maintained for the effective communication of health and safety matters throughout the Company;
- protecting the safety and health of all employees of the Company by preventing work-related injuries, ill health, disease and incidents;
- complying with relevant health and safety laws, regulations and approved codes of practices;
- ensuring that employees and their representatives are consulted and encouraged to participate actively in all elements of the health and safety;
- continually improving the performance in health and safety;
- ensuring that employees, temporary employees and others as required are provided with the necessary information, instruction and training to ensure their competence with respect to health and safety;
- providing the necessary resources in the form of finance, equipment, personnel and time to ensure the health and safety of employees. Where skills are not available within the company the assistance of outside expertise will be obtained;
- liaising and working with all necessary persons to ensure health and safety, and will also ensure that adequate arrangements are also in place for ensuring the health and safety of visitors, contractors and members of the public.
We will take all reasonable steps to implement, monitor and maintain safe plant, substances, equipment, working environments and working practices within the Company. We will continuously improve our health and safety policy, in order to protect employees and others from risks to their health, safety and welfare whilst engaged in work related activities of the Company.
Our full "Health and Safety" policy is available on request