We believe that each of us has a duty to preserve the environment for future generations and to do all we can to protect it from the damage which may be caused by the use of harmful chemicals in unprotected, sensitive locations and the waste of precious resources. Thus the use of environmentally friendly cleaning products is of paramount importance to us.
The cleaning products we use are sourced from like-minded suppliers who share our commitment to safeguarding the environment and before we bring on board a new brand or product we will always conduct a COSHH (control of substances hazardous to health) assessment to ensure that it is appropriate for the application we have in mind.
In this way our clients are also protected and can rest assured that we will comply with all relevant legal and environmental regulations whilst we are working on their premises. This means we will strive to minimise the consumption of resources and the production of waste and ensure that recycling is carried out wherever possible
By using sustainable and environmentally friendly cleaning products and minimising the waste of resources and recycling wherever possible, we help to protect the precious world around us and ensure that we and our clients comply with all relevant environmental regulations.It is the policy of Hillcrest Cleaning Contractors Limited to aim towards protecting and enhancing the environment. The company recognises its responsibility to utilise products that meet recognised environmental criteria and to use them in a way that recognises an environmental social commitment. We will conduct our activities and operations to reflect good environmental practice.
Hillcrest Cleaning Contractors Limited shall ensure this by fulfilling objectives which are consistent with the above objectives, namely:
- We will seek to minimise the use of non-renewable raw materials;
- We will control emissions to air, land and water wherever possible;
- We will be a responsible employer and good neighbour;
- We will seek to minimise the use of hazardous waste producing materials, general waste generated, and to prevent pollution;
- We will manage our operations and processes in a way which respects and protects the environment, while preventing pollution;
- Our operations will conform to current legislation and competent internal or external personnel will regularly monitor compliance;
- We will make environmental objectives available and provide the information in written form on request to all relevant interested parties;
The company is committed to the continual improvement of its environmental performance. This policy statement will be reviewed at least annually or more frequently if required.
Our full "Environmental Policy" is available on request